RickandSuzanneBell.com is committed to providing a fully accessible website experience for all users of all abilities, including those who rely on assistive technologies like screen readers, screen enlargement software, and alternative keyboard input devices to navigate the web.
Ongoing Efforts to Ensure Accessibility
We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 as our guiding principle for determining accessibility. These are internationally agreed-upon standards that cover a wide range of recommendations and best practices for making content useable. As we add new pages and functionality to our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process. We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues to ensure we meet or exceed the standards. Testing of our website is performed by our team members using industry-standard tools such as the Accessibility Checker WordPress Plugin and WAVE, color contrast analyzers, keyboard-only navigation techniques, and Flesch-Kincaid readability tests.
Accessibility Features On Our Website
The following is a list of items we have included in our website to improve its accessibility:
- This website was designed to be mobile-responsive.
- An outbound indicator has been provided before links open in a new tab or window.
- The brand colors were selected for color contrast.
- Skip navigation links (menu items) have been coded into our theme allowing site visitors to jump directly to the main content and jump directly to the main content, and to facilitate keyboard navigation.
- This website declares a language in the header.
- Structural markup to specify section containers, headings, lists, and buttons have been included to make content more understandable and “skim-able” by all site visitors, regardless of device.
Where We’re Improving
In our efforts to bring our website up to standard, we are targeting the following areas:
- Continuous updates are being made to all aspects of the website on a daily basis
This is part of our broader effort to make everyone’s experience at RickandSuzanneBell.com a welcoming and enjoyable one. Please note that while we make every effort to provide information accessible for all users, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third party websites to which we may link.
Accessibility Support Contact
We welcome comments, questions, and feedback on our website. If you are using assistive technologies and are having difficulty using our website, please email email@example.com or give us a call at (408) 829-4853. We will do our best to assist you and resolve issues.