Spring 2023 Home Refresh: Biophilic Design, Bold Colors, Sustainability
As we head into 2023, the world of interior design continues to evolve and change. New styles, materials, and colors are emerging, and there are many exciting trends to look out for. Here are some of the top interior design trends we see emerging for 2023.
Interior Design Trends for 2023: A Look Ahead
- Biophilic Design: Biophilic design is all about bringing nature indoors. This trend has been gaining momentum over the past few years, and it’s set to continue in 2023. Expect to see more use of natural materials like wood, stone, and bamboo, as well as an increase in the use of plants, both real and artificial.
- Bold Colors: After a few years of muted tones and pastels, bold colors are making a comeback in 2023. Think deep blues, rich greens, and bold reds. These colors can be used as accent pieces or as the main color in a room.
- Sustainability: With climate change becoming more of a concern, sustainability is becoming a top priority for many homeowners. In 2023, we’ll see a focus on eco-friendly materials, such as recycled and reclaimed materials, and energy-efficient lighting and appliances.
- Maximalism: After years of minimalism, maximalism is making a comeback. This trend is all about mixing patterns, textures, and colors to create a bold and eclectic look. Expect to see bold prints, bright colors, and plenty of texture in 2023.
- Smart Homes: As technology continues to advance, smart homes are becoming more accessible to the average homeowner. In 2023, we’ll see more integration of technology into interior design, from smart lighting and thermostats to voice-activated assistants and home security systems.
5 Easy Ways to Refresh and Update Your Home for Spring 2023
Now that we’ve covered some of the top interior design trends for 2023, let’s talk about five easy ways to refresh and update your home for spring.
- Add a Pop of Color: Whether it’s a bright accent wall, a bold piece of artwork, or a colorful rug, adding a pop of color can instantly update a room for spring.
- Bring in Plants: As we mentioned earlier, biophilic design is a big trend for 2023. Bringing in some plants can not only add some much-needed greenery to your space but also help purify the air.
- Switch Up Your Lighting: Updating your lighting can make a big difference in the look and feel of a room. Consider adding some new lamps or swapping out your light fixtures for something more modern.
- Rearrange Your Furniture: Sometimes all it takes to refresh a room is a new layout. Experiment with different furniture arrangements to see what works best in your space.
- Update Your Textiles: Adding some new throw pillows, curtains, or a cozy throw blanket can add some texture and interest to a room. Look for textiles in bold colors or interesting patterns to stay on-trend for 2023.
In conclusion, as we move into 2023, there are many exciting interior design trends to look out for, from biophilic design to bold colors and maximalism. And with these easy updates, you can refresh and update your home for spring in no time.
Whether it’s buying, selling, or just enjoying what you have, please consider us your soup-to-nuts real estate partner. We hope this post was helpful if you’ve been looking to update and refresh a few areas in and around your own home.
About Us: Rick and Suzanne Bell are real estate agents with over 50 years of combined experience in real estate home sales. Serving Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Palo Alto, Mountain View, and surrounding Silicon Valley communities, Rick and Suzanne deliver a diverse and unique skill set when assisting clients in the marketing of their homes.
Rick’s background in both commercial and residential real estate marketing, coupled with his personal experience in real estate investment and home renovation empowers Rick’s clients with creative, unique, and practical solutions when preparing and marketing their homes for sale.
Having managed nearly 500 employees as a Nordstrom store manager, Suzanne’s background in leadership, problem-solving & customer service provides a very unique skill set in addressing the challenges often faced during a modern real estate transaction.
Learn more about Rick and Suzanne (HERE).